Some of the topics we discussed included:
- Internet penetration in Africa is high and growing
- Africa has the youngest and second-largest population in the world
- According to the United Nations, the median age in Kenya is 20.3 and Nigeria is 18.1!
- Africa has over 50 countries and a population of approximately 1.2BN people – Kenya has an internet penetration of over 85%
- Nigeria has a population of over 200MM people with 188MM mobile phone connections
- Nigeria has 104MM internet users and 33MM active social media users
- Alerzo raises $10.5MM Series A